Directions: fill in the missing letters/ words in each quote from the Bible. See how many you can do before looking up the scriptures. After you have completely filled in all the blanks, choose one of the quotations that you feel is important or meaningful. On the back of the paper write a brief description of the meaning of the quote and why you think it is important.
1. Matthew 17:20 reads, "Jesus said, I assure you, if you have faith as big as a _ _ _ _ _ d _ _ e _, you can say to this hill, 'Go from here to there and it will go.' You can do anything".
2. Romans 1:12 reads - "Both you and I will be h e _ _ _ d at the same time, you by my f _ _ _ _ and I by yours."
3.Jesus turned and said, " C _ _ _ a _ e, my daughter, your faith has made y _ _ _ h _ _ e". At that very moment the woman became well. Matthew 9:22.
4. Romans 5:1 - Now that we have been put right with _ _ _ through _ _ _ _ h, we have _ e _ _ e with God.
5. And now abides faith, hope, love, these three but the g r _ _ t _ _ t of these is _ _ _ e. I Corinthians 13:13.
6. What matters is _ a _ _ _ that works through l _ _ e. - Galatians 5:6
7. Carry faith as a s h _ _ l d to put out the burning _ _ r _ _ s of the evil one ... Do all of this in p _ _ y _ _, asking for Godís help. - Ephesians 6: 16, 18
8. We hope that your faith may g _ _ _ that we might be able to do a g _ _ _ t _ r work among _ _ _. - II Corinthians 10: 15
9. So your faith and _ _ _ e are f _ _ _ d on God. - I Peter 1: 21
10. Do not let anyone look down on you because you are y _ _ n g but be an example in your s _ _ e c _, your co _ _ _ c _ , your love and your faith. - I Timothy 4: 12
11. To _ _ _ e faith is to be sure of the t _ i n _ _ we hope for, to be c e _ _ _ _ n of the things we cannot see. - Hebrews 11:1
Answers 1 - mustard seed ; 2- healed, faith; 3. courage, you whole; 4. God, faith, peace; 5. greatest, love; 6. faith, love; 7. shield, arrows, prayer; 8. grow, greater, you; 9. hope, fixed 10. young, speech, conduct; 11. have, things, certain
Comments as to what is important from each of three work groups at Community Presbyterian Church, Deer Park, NY ...
As you can see there is a lot to talk about in the above three choices.
Submitted by Dennis Marsh, 16 year old youth leader, from Deer Park, New York
Dennis would love to hear if this activity was useful to your group. Please share your ideas by writing to: Tim Ferguson @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
" The ideas here work. I know that because I've seen them work. Every one has been teen-tested."...Frank Tangredi, youth leader, New York
Click here for Not the Same Old, Done-it-before Youth Meeting (the book)